On May 27th I got the chance to attend the Purina® Walk for Dog Guides for Blake Greene. This past December Blake and his family were blessed with Armani, a graduate from the Autism Assistance Dog Guide program at the Lions Foundation of Canada. Armani was chosen for Blake after a long process to help develop independence, ensure his safety, and give him the extra push he may need in various social settings. Blake’s mother Tara had to leave the province to attend training in order to learn how to handle Armani. When I was at the walk I got the chance to speak with Blake and his family, after talking to them I learned what a difference Armani has made in Blake’s life. Dog Guides of Canada made this life changing dog possible for Blake. Dog Guides of Canada provide guide dogs to families with members who have various disabilities at no cost; these dogs normally cost approximately 20,000. To find more information on the Purina® Walk for Dog Guides or Dog Guides of Canada visit http://www.dogguides.com/index.html
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.