The Janeway Children’s Health & Rehabilitation Centre provides the best in specialized This year, I was honored to represent my school at the 28th Annual Janeway Telethon and to present the children’s hospital with a cheque for $800.00. I felt so happy when I was able to make this donation on behalf of my school because I know how every donation will help to improve the treatment and care provided to sick children in my province. We are so lucky to be in good health, but when we don’t, we are so fortunate to have such a wonderful hospital to care for us. This year the Janeway Telethon raised a total of 2.5 million dollars, the highest amount ever raised! Wow, this year’s telethon Rocked! health care available in Newfoundland and Labrador in a compassionate, encouraging environment for sick and injured children. Each child cared for at the Janeway is an inspiration because of their courage and determination to get better.
It is the sick children’s desire to get well that drives the staff to achieve the best possible outcome for each of these children. The Janeway is always exploring and researching new treatments and the latest health care available. With donations from people like us and events such as the Janeway telethon, all this is possible. As a result, the best medical treatment is available at the Janeway!
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.